Wednesday 8 August 2018

Vituary - Nicole Giles

Nicole Giles
Talk about an angel!

This woman has a voice like Etta James, a heart like Fred Rogers, and a palette like Gordon Ramsay.

She takes the lemons that life throws at her with a grain of salt (and a splash of tequila) 'cause she's all about living her best life, which I so admire.

Nicole has the most beautiful family (who get to bask in her homemade pastas and chocolate cakes) and it's clear how hard she works to ensure her munchkins have the greatest life.

She's got a fabulous sense of humour and knows not to take herself too seriously, but she gives a shit when and where it counts

Nicole enriches the lives of everyone she meets and I consider myself quite lucky to know somebody as incredible as her.



-----------------
late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."


While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment