Wednesday 21 June 2017

Vituary - Cory Rushton

Cory Rushton

Cory is, hands down, one of the sweetest people I know.  The first time I met him through Christopher, he was super friendly and outgoing, and more importantly, he made me laugh.

Cory’s the type of person who makes sure that his friends and family know how much he cares for them. 

He’s also a diehard How I Met Your Mother fan and a lover of horror movies, which sends his coolness factor off the charts.

Most of all, Cory is a genuinely down-to-earth dude with a huge heart and an awesome sense of humour.  Any time I’ve had the pleasure of hanging out with Cory, it was a great time.


Cory, buddy, Chris and I miss da face off ya.  Anytime you’re in Calgary, know that you can always crash on our (slightly uncomfortable) futon.


-----------------
late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."



While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment