Friday 2 June 2017

Vituary - Robert Thornhill

Robert Thornhill

Robert is one of the strongest people I know.  He’s been dealt a pretty crummy hand in life and still manages to see the silver lining in every dark cloud.

Robert has a sense of humour much like my own (meaning he’s obviously hilarious) and has such a large heart that we should all hope to be like him one day.

He has a keen eye for photography and blows me away with his ability to capture such beautiful moments. 

It’s very easy to tell how deeply Robert loves his family and that’s something I admire.  He flawlessly expresses his affection for his loved ones through stunning photographs and beautifully-written posts. 

To know Robert is to admire him; the level of optimism at which he lives his life is something most of us can only hope to achieve.


Robert, you are truly an incredible person and I am so envious of your undying positivity – I know it can’t be easy.  I genuinely wish the best for you and your family forever and ever.




-----------------
late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."

While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment