Monday 29 May 2017

Vituary - Robyn Noseworthy

Robyn Noseworthy

Some of my best nights spent on George Street were with Robyn Noseworthy.  Robyn's got dance moves and pick-up lines coming out the yin-yang (Robyn almost made me switch teams, I ain’t lyin’).

In all seriousness, Robyn is a genuine, big-hearted person who spends their life putting others’ needs first.  Robyn looks after the people in their life and lives to see others succeed.

Robyn was fortunate enough to spend some time with my dad before he died as part of his Millennial Panel for CBC Radio Noon.  Dad had asked me if I had any smart friends who were knowledgeable about current issues.  Robyn’s name was the first to pop into my head, so I recommended them for his panel — he was glad I did.

Robyn’s time on the radio showed NLers Robyn's intelligence, passion, and wit, and it gave me someone to talk to (and laugh with) about all of my dad’s quirks.  It also made me look good since Dad was so pleased with having Robyn on the show.


Robyn Noseworthy, you are beautiful inside and out, and I only wish the best for you.  I’m looking forward to having a beer (or six) with you when I’m back in town.



-----------------

late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."


While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment