Saturday 6 May 2017

Vituary - Denise Martin

Denise Martin

I met Denise when I started working at College of the North Atlantic.  Most of the students that came through my office would mention how much they loved being in Denise’s class.

Denise loves hiking and running and, when we worked together, she also loved havin’ a few drinks.  I don’t think there was a day that I saw her without a 2.4L bottle of water in her hand.  I’m not sure if she needed hydration for the running or the drinking (just kiddin’!)

Denise has great hair, the best laugh, and an unbreakable spirit.  When we had CAS parties, it was always slightly dull without Denise there (sorry, CAS friends).  She’s also quite the bowler (Denise, you better still have my homemade trophy).

Denise is a wonderful, loveable person who brings sunshine everywhere she goes.  I think I speak for all of her friends when I say we are extremely lucky to know her.



--------------------------

late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."


While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment