Thursday 4 May 2017

Vituary - Sarah Hannon

Sarah Hannon

Sarah Hannon is a unicorn in more ways than one.  Her constantly changing pastel hair and her vibrant lipsticks are unique on their own, but the fact that she doesn’t give a f*ck what anybody thinks is what really makes her an anomaly.  

Sarah is tenacious in her convictions and is unwilling to waiver simply because of how she may be perceived by others. 

Even in high school – the place where reputation and popularity are everything – Sarah wore what she wanted, said what she wanted, and acted how she wanted, and I’ve always loved her for that.

It seems rare to catch Sarah in a bad mood, even when the world seems to be tilting on its side, she comes out the other side as a stronger, wiser person because she has the good sense to learn from life’s heartbreaks. 

She’s passionate, she’s intelligent, and she’s someone that we should all aspire to be.  Her sureness in who she is and who she wants to become is something that deserves immense admiration.

Sarah Hannon, I always get enjoyment from your Facebook posts popping up on my newsfeed, and I can never hear a Michael Jackson song without thinking of you.


-------------------------

late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."

While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment