Tuesday 9 May 2017

Vituary - Holly Marshall

Holly Marshall

Holly’s the coolest derby girl in Newfoundland.  She weaves like a champ and she’s a toe stop catwalk model.

On top of that, she makes cabinets.  Badass cabinets.  Beautiful, badass cabinets.

She also loves sloths.  Like, really loves them.  If there is one thing you remember about Holly, it should be that she friggin’ loves sloths.

In all seriousness, Holly is the coolest chick.  She has the greatest sense of humour, she’s so much fun to be around, and she’s the kindest and friendliest person you’ll ever meet.

She treats family like a blessing, not an obligation, and she’d walk to the ends of the earth for her friends.


She’s got the most awesome glasses and the coolest Nickelodeon shirts, and her inability to hold onto a phone for more than a month without it giving out is hilarious and pretty adorable.

Holly, I
can’t wait to see you in August.  We’ll play all the board games, do all the Breakout rooms, and you’ll teach me how to play cribbage.  I love you, dude.

Stop loving
sloths
so much.


---------------------------

late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."



While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment