Wednesday 1 August 2018

Vituary - Jodie Jensen

Jodie Jensen

I was surprised by how quickly I formed a connection with Jodie when I first started my job at IHC. But, then I figured out why: she's just like a newfie! She's nice and loud, she can drink anyone under the table, and she loves a cold Pep-say.

Jodie has quickly become one of the only reasons (Alyssia and Montana notwithstanding) I'm able to get through the work week. We have the same vulgar sense of humour and a weird, shared obsession with Dr. Pimple Popper.

She has a very kind heart but won't hesitate to judo chop yo' ass if you come after one of her own.  She's constantly taking flack in order to protect her girls, even when she gets nothing in return.

Jodie is a warrior and puts up with more bullsh*t than anyone should have to deal with in one lifetime. She's an incredible person to have in your corner and would walk to the ends of the earth for her loved ones.

She's beautiful inside and out and I'm sure I wouldn't survive IHC without her.






-----------------
late 14c., "death," from Middle French obit or directly from Latin obitus "death," noun use of past participle of obire "to die," literally "to go toward" (see obituary). In modern usage (since 1874) it is usually a clipped form of obituary, though it had the same meaning of "published death notice" 15c.-17c.
plural vitae, Latin, literally "life," from PIE root *gwei- "to live."


While recently watching Rex Murphy’s tribute to my late father, I was saddened that my father wasn’t able to hear Murphy’s wonderful words.  I’ve decided to write pieces that are dedicated to telling the people in my life how great I think they are.  I call them “Vituaries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment