Tuesday 6 January 2015

guilty pleasures

guilty pleasure
something that you shouldn't like, but like anyway

Against my better judgment, I’m going to share with you my guilty pleasures.

Don’t hate.

The Jonas Brothers
I have their self-titled album and I still listen to it.  I like to belt out “Hold On” when no one’s home.  Li’l Nick Jonas with his curls and his pre-pubescent voice is so hard not to love.  It’s even hard for me to hate his solo stuff.  I make fun of my boyfriend when he sings along to “Jealous” when it comes on the radio, but really I’m doing everything in my power to restrain from joining in.


Making pictures with loose hairs in the shower
Ladies with long hair are probably used to leaving some of their strands behind in the shower after shampooing and conditioning.  I don’t know if it’s just me, but a lot of mine end up on the walls of my shower.  Naturally, I move them around with my fingers and make pictures with them.  Sometimes I spell my name.  Please don’t tell me I’m the only one who does this.



Seafood Sauce
I’m not talking about dipping my shrimp in it – I eat this shit with a spoon.  I don’t even know why I like it so much.  It’s ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and horseradish.  Please don’t judge me.





YouTube videos of soldiers coming home
I don’t really have any connection to the army.  My cousin is a mobile support equipment operator with the Department of National Defence, but apart from that there’s nothing to explain my obsession with videos of soldiers being reunited with their families. Most people look at videos of animals doing funny things when they’re bored on the Internet.  I, however, like to seek out the most emotional videos of men and women in the army coming home to their parents, children, and spouses.  I sit in the dark and cry along with them.  And I love it.

MTV/VH1 reality shows
It’s true, I usually rag on people who list shows like Jersey Shore and Keeping up with the Kardashians in their “likes” on Facebook.  But, I actually can’t get enough of these shows.  As my Facebook friends already know, I spent most of my Christmas binge-watching Seasons 1 and 2 of Flavor of Love.  I don’t know what is it about mindless reality television that I like so much, but I’m addicted.  I can’t wait for Celebrity Marriage Bootcamp. 

Ears
I don’t think it’s unusual for people to nibble on their SO’s ears – I think of it along the same lines as giving hickeys or sucking on fingers (if you’re into that).  However, I don’t know if what I do can be classified as nibbling.  I’m pretty sure my boyfriend would emphatically say no.  Not only do I like to bite his ears, but I like to play with them with my fingers too.  And it’s not just his ears; it’s his dog’s ears, as well.  And my cat’s ears.  I don’t know.  Maybe I need therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment