Monday 5 January 2015

new year, same gripes

It’s true that I try to be a pretty positive person.  I try really hard not to be judgmental and to always give people the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes I can’t help but be irritable.

The following is a list of my biggest pet peeves.  Note: these are not all my pet peeves, but I only have so much time to write this…

When you don’t know which tab is playing music
It usually happens on those torrent site when you click “Download this Torrent” and then two more tabs open up, then an ad starts playing and you have to click through the six tabs you already have opened then scroll down the length of each page to find out where the sound is coming from so you can shut that shit off.

When people have touch sounds enabled on their cellphones
Hearing that *click click click* when somebody is texting is so annoying, you just want to slap their phone out of their hand.

When people try to enter an elevator before letting people off
Why so eager? The elevator ain’t going anywhere until these people get off.

When people try to maneuver strollers through crowds
I get that you have to take your young child places, absolutely.  But if they can’t walk on their own, do not take them the grocery store the day before a holiday; do not take them to the mall on Black Friday; and definitely do not take them to the Regatta.  You’re just asking to make enemies.  Don’t even get me started on double strollers.

When people misuse “you know what I mean?”
Hey, I’m writing a blog post, you know what I mean?  I’m going to bed now, you know what I mean?  Yes, I have achieved higher than a 2nd grade education so of course I know what you mean.

When people cross diagonally in front of you
Look buddy, I’m holding a line of traffic behind me so that you can cross the street.  Taking the longest way across is a dick move.

When people stand with their shopping cart blocking the aisle
Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that you were Queen of Sobeys and I have to wait until you sufficiently browse the Campbell’s soup selection before I can get passed you.

When people don’t reset the microwave timer
I don’t know why this bugs me, it just does.

When people don’t RSVP
If someone goes through the trouble of planning an event, the least you can do is let them know whether you’ll be there.  Everything is done through Facebook nowadays.  All you have to do is select “Attending” or “Not Attending”.

People who write “ha ha” after everything when texting/e-mailing
It just makes me think you’re not serious about whatever you just said.  That or you have a really poor sense of humor.

Wet newspaper
It makes me cringe so bad.

The sound of forks scraping a plate
Worse than nails on a chalkboard.

When people say “___A.M. in the morning”
I was out until 2 A.M. in the morning.  No way!  You sure it wasn’t 2 A.M. in the afternoon?  Seems sketchy to me.

Overuse of the word “like”
We’re all adults now.  Unless you perpetually speak in similes, this has to stop.

When cashiers hand you your bills first, then your coins
When my change falls out of my hand because you passed it to me improperly, are you going to pick it up?  Yeah, I didn’t think so.

When a hinge breaks on a CD case
Now I can’t get to my Billy Talent CD without the case coming apart.

When people bring their fussy babies to restaurants
If your baby cries a lot or hasn’t had his nap yet, do not take him to Pizza Delight for a “treat”.  He doesn’t even know what that means.  Again, you’re just asking for enemies.

When people blow their noses at the table
My God, get up from the table and walk to the bathroom.  I don’t know what you think is acceptable at dinner time, but it isn’t this.

When you lose the string on your sweater inside your hood
Ugh, kill me now, am I right?

When people mispronounce “espresso”
I can’t believe this is still an issue, but it is.  It’s not “expresso”, it’s not “exspecially”, and it’s not “exscape”. 

When people don’t use their turn signal
Everyone hates this, so I don’t get why there are still so many people who do it.  Or, don’t do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment